Terms & Conditions
All orders are subject to our full Terms & Conditions of Sale.
All prices and offers are subject to change and availability. Errors and Omission excepted. VAT is charged on all items (including any carriage charges) at a rate of 20%.
- From here on Icelantic will be referred to as the ‘Company’.
- From here on the original purchasing customer will be referred to as the ‘Customer’.
- Delivery / Collections
- Any missing goods must be reported within 24 hours of receiving goods. Outside this period, the Company will refuse to entertain any such enquiries.
- We will endeavour to arrange a suitable time and date (between Monday and Friday, 9am to 5pm). Delivery usually takes 2-5 working days following the confirmation of your order. Delivery may take longer for special order items but this will be advised when the order is placed.
- Icelantic will strive to respect the stated delivery times, but cannot be held liable for interest and damages because of late delivery and cannot accept the cancellation of an order on that basis. An order made for articles not in stock may be the object of a longer period of delay or a cancellation.
- Payment is due no later than 14 days after date of invoice unless otherwise specified.
- Payment by BACS is preferred however Cheques, Credit and Debit cards are also accepted. Payments by credit card attract a 3% handling fee.
- Credit/Debit Card Information is collected and processed securely by Paypal. We do enter and process your details using the Paypal Virtual Payment terminal if your order is to be paid for by telephone. Your credit and debit card details are entered directly into the Virtual Terminal and not stored anywhere else on our system or recorded using any other method of data storage.
- For contracts dated on or after 7th August 2002 the late payment interest rate is 8% plus the reference rate. The current reference rate for the period 1st July 2009 to 31st December 2009 is 0.5%.
- Deposits, of 20% of the total price, will be withheld, where the Customer decides to cancel an order (through no fault of the company) or non-collected goods within a period of 60 days from collection date.
- ‘Special Order’ items cannot be cancelled once goods have been ordered from the company’s suppliers.
- Certain items, e.g. Printers, Monitors, Laptops, Desktops and certain select items come with a manufacturers’ warranty. The company may ask you to deal with the manufacturer directly. All LCD Monitors are sold according to the ISO 13406-2 standard.
- All other electronic hardware comes with a one-year return to base warranty, unless otherwise stated.
- This warranty is non-transferable to another person. Where the original item has failed, and the company has replaced that product with another, the warranty for this item will automatically be transferred as a continuation of the last warranty.
- The company provides a technical support service on hardware only. Software related issues are not covered by this warranty and as such will not be entertained.
- All suspected faulty goods will be tested by a Company technician to confirm whether a fault exists. Goods tested, and found not to be displaying a fault in the presence of the testing technician will be deemed as ‘fully working’.
- Where goods are found to be faulty, outside the initial 14 days, then they will be replaced with the same, or similar, product. The complete product i.e. manuals, software etc. must accompany the faulty item including packaging. Where a replacement product is not available for a direct replacement, then a special order will be placed for the product, which may take up to 28 days to procure.
- Goods are not supplied on a trial basis. Please check specification and compatibility with the manufacturer prior to purchasing. Although our staff can offer advice, they cannot confirm compatibility. In the case of faulty goods, please contact the office at which the purchase was made. This procedure may involve you dealing with the manufacturer directly.
- If, within 7 days of purchase (inclusive), but before opening the product, you decide the product is unsuitable please return to your local office to arrange for a full credit note (this excludes price volatile goods e.g. memory, processors and hard drives). If within 28 days of purchase (inclusive), you decide it is unsuitable then please contact your local office. Refunds may be given, less a restocking fee, where the product is returned in its original condition (as per clause (f)). We cannot accept software for return, under any circumstances due to piracy laws.
- Where a manufacturer offers a money back guarantee, this will normally involve you sending the product back to the manufacturer, who will process the refund themselves.
- Where consumables have been opened / used, the price of replacement shall also be levied to return the product (e.g. Printers, CD Rewriters, etc.) to its original condition. The company by Law is only obliged to offer refunds on goods that fail to meet the requirements of the Sale of Goods Act 1979 (as amended).
- Additional Costs
- The Customer shall indemnify the Company in respect of any loss, cost or expense incurred by the Company as a result, directly or indirectly, of the Customer’s instructions or lack of instructions or through any failure or delay whatsoever in taking delivery or through any other act; neglect or default on the part of the Customer, it’s servants, agents or employees.
- The Customer is expected to collect any equipment left to be serviced in our office within the agreed period. However, a grace period of two further weeks from agreed collection is allowed. Beyond this the Company reserves the right to charge £5 per week to the customer to cover all storage costs.
- Title of Goods
Goods remain the property of the company until at such point the customer has paid in full to the company all outstanding monies related to these goods and all other goods supplied to the customer by the company.
- Intellectual Property
The Customer shall indemnify the Company against all costs, claims, losses, expenses, and damages incurred by the Company or for which it may be liable due to arising directly or indirectly out of any infringement or alleged infringement of patents, trade marks, copyright, design right, or other intellectual property right occasioned by the importation, manufacture or sale of the goods if made to the specification or special requirements of the Customer.
- Recycling of Waste Electrical & Electronic Equipment (WEEE)
The company offers the service to take back of WEEE free of charge, so you are able to take your items to your local office. If the item was not originally purchased from the company then we are only able to take it back when you purchase a replacement. If you are unable to take the items back to the your local office then please visit our website for details on how we can arrange to collect the goods from you. We reserve the right to refuse products that are not presented in a clean & safe manner – i.e. no broken glass or sharp edges.
- Consequential Loss
The Company shall not be liable for any costs, claims, damages or expenses arising out of any tortuous act or omission or any breach of contract or statutory duty calculated by reference to profits, income, production or accruals or loss of such profits, income, product or accruals or by reference to accrual of such costs, claims, damages or expenses on a time basis.
- Data Protection
In accordance with GDPR, All customer information held within the company’s database securely and will never be sold or passed on to any third party without the express consent of the customer. The company does however reserve the right to use customer information for its own marketing purposes if the customer has previously provided consent. If you choose to change or your contact preferences or opt-out at any time, please contact our office on 0131 346 3252 and they will arrange for your details to be removed from the database. This does not apply to data we are required to retain and process as part of our contractual delivery of agreed client services.
- Fitness for Purpose
We cannot warrant fitness for any particular purpose. In particular our Computers are not designed to be used in any application or environment where absolute reliability is critical to performance of a process or to the safety of humans, animals, intellectual property or real property. Any intended use of this kind must be agreed to expressly in writing by us prior to the confirmation of the order for those computers.
These Terms & Conditions do not affect your statutory rights.